This is an incredible recipe! As I am getting more acquainted with raw desserts, I am branching out and experimenting a bit more. This is one of the easier recipes that I have made. It is quick and really tasty.
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup tahini – other nut butter like cashew would be nice too.
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (or raw cacao powder)
- 1/2 cup raw honey (or raw agave or maple syrup)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch fine grain sea salt, to taste
- 3/4 cup of chopped walnuts
Put all ingredients except the walnuts into a food processor, use a regular mixer or vitamix and blend well. Pour into a bowl and add the walnuts and stir. Pour into a pan and put in the freezer for at least an hour. Keep it chilled until you serve. I used a bread pan and it yielded thick fudge – that served 8 generous pieces. Dip a knife in hot water to easily slice. What is really nice about this fudge is that even though it is sweet and tasty, it is smooth, something that I have found to be hit and miss with traditional fudge. It also is not over sweet, again, sometimes I find traditional fudge to be sickly sweet. Enjoy!