This article is hopefully going to clear up some misinformation about various protein shakes out there. These days it is becoming increasingly important to know what we are putting into our bodies. Our environment is becoming more toxic and thus so is our food. Food manufacturers are putting things into our foods that really should not be there even if the FDA and the CFIA approve them. These manufacturers are allowed to indulge in tricky advertising practices that leave the average person who doesn’t want to make a career out of nutrition wondering if they are making the best choices. Those who are interested in being healthy want it simple. They want a protein shake that is going to give their body the fuel it needs to operate best. I am going to compare the Body by Vi shakes to the Isagenix Isalean shake but you could sub any of the popular shake brands in for Body by Vi, including Boost, Ensure, Slim Fast and Carnation and I will tell you what to look for.
Here are some important and significant differences between these two shakes:
- Body by Vi uses Sucralose (an artificial sweetener) and artificial flavorings. The Isalean shake has none of this and is sweetened with fructose (different from high fructose corn syrup) from organic beets and pears.
- Body by Vi is not a complete meal replacement, it is more like a snack. The IsaLean Shake is a low-glycemic, complete meal replacement that contains balanced nutrients including fats, carbohydrates and proteins.
- The first ingredient in the Vi-shape Shake label is soy protein, which is inferior to whey protein. Whey protein is the first ingredient in the IsaLean Shake and it boosts the immune system by up to 300%.
- The organic difference. The Isalean shakes contain organic whey protein from New Zealand. The Body by Vi shake is soy based which is an allergen for many people.
- The Isalean shakes contain many more vitamins and minerals than the Body by Vi by a long shot. A quick snapshot shows the following: